Hummingbird Electronics’ 16 Channel Audio Alert System is designed to provide vehicle operators clear and precise verbal alerts when an input trigger has been detected. Allowing truck and machinery operators higher levels of safety, some examples of these customised verbal alerts could include: Low Coolant Level, Low Oil Pressure, High Engine Temperature, Door Open, Tailgate Open, Over Speed Detected, Please Apply Seatbelt, Low Battery Voltage, Head Lights On, Trailer Detected, Please Apply Handbrake, Roll-Over Warning or “Have You Completed Your Vehicle Safety Checks?”
Those who have operated trucks and machinery would agree that their dashboards can be confusing as there is often a high amount of warnings, lights and symbols. When one of these lights or alarms is activated it can often be a daunting process working out what it is trying to indicate.
The 16 Channel Audio Alert System prioritises input channels on installation and allows critical alarms to override lower priority messages. On each channel, the saved audio filename provides customised configuration, some of which include: positive or negative input triggers, the number of times the recorded message is repeated, message volume and a timed delay before triggering if required.
It features a wide 9 – 36 Volt input range enabling it to be used in both 12V and 24V vehicles. Hummingbird Electronics can also offer customised versions which can accept inputs from CAN bus, J1939 or RS485 system triggers.
- SD Card Slot for simple loading of audio files, the HMMP3016 is supplied with 16 pre-installed files.
- Plays MP3, WAV, OGG, MP2, WMA audio file formats.
- Built-in amplifier can directly drive an 8-ohm speaker.
- Line Out for connection to an external amplifier or PA system.
- Easy to configure programming through audio file naming.
- Configurable volume and delay for each input channel.
- Selectable long or short power-up delay.
- The enclosure is a rugged sealed aluminium housing offering moisture and dust protection.
- 4 cable glands allow entry for power, trigger inputs and speaker outputs.