REDARC is a provider of high-quality electronic products and operates a company philosophy of “Safety first” with the involvement of all its employees as detailed by our company slogan, “Safety: we are all in charge”.
REDARC is committed to provide a safe working environment for its employees and all other parties coming onto or working on REDARC site (customers, suppliers, visitors, and contractors) above and beyond the regulation requirements. In particular REDARC will:
- Comply with all relevant legislation, Australian Standards, and Codes of Practice
- Commit to prevent workplace bullying as part of providing a safe and healthy work environment
- Design, construct, and operate its facilities to safe standards
- Set, review, and achieve targets to reduce and prevent harm to employees and relevant stakeholders
- Develop employees and provide resources to meet our targets
- Consult with employees and their representatives as appropriate, on matters that may affect their work health and safety
- Provide employees with the information, instruction, and training necessary to work in a safe manner, by understanding the risks associated with their role
- Ensure “near misses”, injuries, and accidents are reported, and corrective actions are put in place to minimise future incidents
- Ensure everyone working within the REDARC Group understands their personal responsibilities to work safely. Management, employees, and relevant stakeholders recognise that no task is so important that time cannot be taken to find a safe and healthy way to work.
- Provide effective rehabilitation services to meet the objectives specified in the Rehabilitation Procedures
- Review this policy statement regularly as required due to operational, or legislative changes
REDARC is convinced of the importance of Prevention to manage safety appropriately and encourages all employees to report hazards, near misses and any incidents. REDARC uses the Risk Assessment methodology to assess and control (eliminate, reduce, or mitigate) the risks identified.
REDARC endeavour to design and manufacture safe products by:
- Developing compliant safety products.
- Working with its customers and experts to understand the possible safety implication of failures.
- Designing product and process with a particular focus on safety; identifying and controlling the critical characteristic of REDARC products.
- Deploying the safety management to its suppliers, ensuring as far as practical the relevant controls are in place to guarantee the safety characteristics along the supply chain.
REDARC aims to achieve “zero safety incidents” (people and product) by continually improving our OH&S management system.
REDARC believes its employees are central for providing a safe environment and safe products. This is done by ensuring that all employees understand that they have an important role to play in matters concerning safety, by having a positive attitude related to reporting problems, issues, or concerns and by embracing the continuous improvement approach.
REDARC invests significantly in employee training and communicates regularly on safety related matters.