Hummingbird Electronics' RS232 Tilt Sensor measures pitch and roll angles with high accuracy by measuring movement relative to the earth's unchanging gravitational with a 3-axis accelerometer.
The accelerometer is calibrated for use over a -90 to 90-degree angle over a -40 to 85 degree Celsius temperature range. It is accurate to 0.1 degrees for up to 30 degrees of tilt in any axis.
Parameters associated with the sensor such as the damping factor (how much averaging is performed) and calibration can be changed through a built-in serial interface.
An internal bi-colour LED is normally red and pulses to green each time a message is sent. Mount the Tilt-Sensor with the interface cable facing to the stern (back) of the vessel and the mounting flange on the deck of the vessel.
The configurable tilt-switches are supplied in a rugged aluminium enclosure that is splash-proof. Provision for screw mounting, when required, is provided.
Power to the unit and outputs are provided through colour coded wires.
- Device type: TCM Output Dual Axis Tilt Sensor
- Number of axis: Dual Axis, unit must be mounted level with the base plate down
- Angle of operation: -90 to 90 degrees in both axis
- Resolution of sensor: 0.1 degrees (-30 to 30 degrees), 0.25 degrees over the full operation range
- Frequency response: Minimum 0.01Hz, Maximum 10Hz. Default 0.3Hz
- Voltage Range: 9-36V, reverse polarity protected
- Current consumption at 12V: 50mA at 12V and 30mA at 24V typical