Hummingbird Electronics' in vehicle un-interruptible Power Supply (UPS) provides a battery backup for vehicle tracking systems and other in vehicle electronics.
The UPS charges an internal Lithium Ion battery in both 12 and 24V vehicles and maintains a 16V output when power is removed for a period of time.
Hummingbird Electronics' UPS is fully customisable to the customer's requirement. It is able to step low input voltages up and high input voltages down to maintain a constant 16V output that is maintained when vehicle power is removed.
An internal Lithium Ion battery is charged when vehicle power is applied. When power is lost, the UPS is able to maintain a constant output, typically for 2 hours with an average 800mA load.
The UPS has 2 outputs. By default, the main output will be held on for 2 hours after ignition is lost. The auxiliary output is internally fused with a resettable fuse rated at 120mA.
By default, the UPS will only charge the internal battery when ignition is sensed and when the vehicle alternator is charging the vehicles battery. The range of voltages at which the charger will be enabled by default is shown below.
• Steps low input voltages up and high input voltages down
• Constant 16V output when vehicle power is removed
• “Always on” & timed outputs
• 1600mAh internal battery maintains typical tracking system powered for up to 2 hours after loss of power
• UPS output rated at 1A
• Auxiliary output “Always on” with a 120mA resettable fuse
• Optional ignition only charging
• 7 colour coded wires for simple electrical installation
• 12/24V vehicle compatible
• Optional power up or movement detection available