The Hummingbird Silent Horn - Elite System for Diggers is a replacement for noisy machine horns on site, when the horn is activated a buzzer is displayed on the colour readout along with the load number
Hummingbird Electronics Silent Horn – Elite System for Diggers is a replacement for noisy machine horns on mining and construction sites where noise reduction is paramount.
Operators are now able to contact drivers of trucks with a simple press of a button. Truck drivers receive a visual and audio alert and can identify which loader is contacting them; all without any external noise.
Vehicles can pair with each other, meaning less distraction for the operator. Additionally, by using GPS, only vehicles within a set perimeter can be made to receive horn signals, reducing distraction and ultimately making worksites safer.
Elite System for Diggers
The HMSM2000DKIT – Elite System for Diggers consists of three core components; the display, antenna and IO module.
The IO module supplied with this product enables expandable functionality and the addition of external buzzers or beacons. It reads in any normally open switch contacts for the horn button.
The display, antenna and IO module all communicate using proven RS485 comms, enabling simple wiring runs between modules.
Both the display and antenna are interchangeable allowing easy maintenance and plug-in replacement. The display can be configured to operate as a truck or digger.
The antenna module is completely interchangeable between trucks and diggers with no configuration required.
- Reduces noise pollution while simultaneously improving communications for operators
- Utilises GPS and GLONASS satellite systems for improved positional accuracy
- Allocated timeslot for RF transmission avoids radio interference
- Menu functions are password protected to stop unauthorised changes to the system
- Antenna module requires no configuration – plug and play!
- Rugged weatherproof construction
- Easy mounting with U-bolt supplied
Click here to view the Silent Horn product flyer