The Hummingbird Speedometer Calibration is simple to install, providing accurate speed and mileage without having to change the mechanics of the vehicle. Suitable for cars, motorbikes and trucks.
Hummingbird's Speedometer Calibrator corrects signals from both hall-effect and inductive speed sensors, compensating for both manufacturer and user-induced errors.
Simple to install, this unit provides accurate speed and mileage without having to change the mechanics of the vehicle. Ideally used when the wheel or tyre size on your vehicle has changed or the gearbox, engine or differential has been replaced.
Electronic systems in vehicles require accurate speed information to operate correctly. Hummingbird's simple to install Speedometer Calibrator corrects for common sources of error and provides accurate speed without having to change the mechanics of the vehicle.
Designed for harsh automotive environments the module features transient voltage protection on the supply and short circuit protected outputs. The unit is designed to work from 6V to 30V and so is suitable for use in motorcycles, cars and trucks.
Common sources of speed error include:
• 2% to 10% error direct from the manufacturer
• Change of wheel or tyre size
• Gearing changes: sprockets, differentials etc.
• Replacement of gearbox, engine or differential
• Instrument cluster / speedo faceplate change
• The Speedometer Calibrator is able to compensate for signal errors by dividing the input signal down to as low as 1/8th and up to as high as 8 times in 0.1% increments.
Level-sensing technology means that a single unit can be used with both hall-effect and inductive speed sensors. Signal duplication technology means that the amplitude of the input signal is replicated on the output resulting in more reliable operation in more vehicles.
Benefits Of A Calibrated Speedo
• Know how fast you really are going
• Road legal after customisation
• Odometer won't show more kilometers than you actually have driven
• Accurate fuel consumption figures
• Compatible with hall-effect and inductive speed sensors
• Multi voltage 12/24V
• Suitable for cars, motorbikes and trucks
• Pulse per Kilometre (ppk) range from 1000 to 40,000
• Accurate fuel, odometer & speed readouts after installation