The Third Gear Warning System monitors and alerts the operator if they’ve selected forward or reverse in third gear, preventing damage to the track and drive train.
Using the third gear on your dozer can reduce the lifetime of the tracks by 50%. This can result in tens of thousands of dollars spent on replacements, depending on the model of your dozer.
Avoiding any unnecessary machine down time. When third gear is selected, the systems outputs activate a critical alarm/LED warning, which will appear on the dash along with an external flashing beacon, if connected.
The third gear has to be selected for a short period of time to confirm the warning system to occur.
The control device will alert the operator after the machine has selected third gear for a period of three seconds.
Prevent heavy vehicle damage with third gear alerts
This delay prevents unnecessary alerts in the event of gear selection errors. This device is designed to prevent any damage and prolong the life expectancy of the undercarriage of the vehicle.
The warning system can be paired with other Hummingbird devices, such as the Audio Alert System or Combination LED and buzzer to further improve longevity of your fleet.
Features and benefits of HMLI004
- Alarm delay prevents incorrect gear selection mistakes without activating warning alerts
- Clear audible and LED alerts prompt safe operator reaction
- Easy to install
- Built to last with an enclosed, sealed aluminium housing offering moisture
- Emergency stop input for a quick shutdown
- 12- or 24-volt operation
- Internal 10-amp relay powers an alert when third gear is selected
- DIP switch for delay configuration prevents‑warning alerts in the event of gear selection